Thursday, May 10, 2012

Doing the Right Thing....

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."
Our President may have done himself in, politically, yesterday, with his declaration in support of gay marriage. What a courageous and honorable thing to do. I can't remember another President putting himself in that position in my lifetime. I support and respect his personal belief, but have a sick feeling in my gut that it just may cost him his job and give us an Etch A Sketch President. The opposition has tried to return us all to the "Good Old Days" of illegal abortions and restricted personal liberties all year long and there are "True Believers" out there that scare the hell out of me. How can doing the right thing make me feel this way? It should make me happy...why am I sad?

No comments:

Post a Comment