Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Francis Is Cool....

I can not remember another "cool" Pope. I was raised Catholic because dad was Catholic. Mom was a good Protestant woman and took the promise to raise us in the Church to heart. We paid attention to news stories mentioning Popes and the nuns explained who they were and any news from the Vatican in class. I can not remember another "cool" Pope. Of course, as a child of the 60's and not averse to experimentation in altered states, I determined I should be a Buddhist, but first, I became an "Ex-Catholic." Anyone willing to listen could hear rants such as when they declared it was no longer a mortal sin to eat meat on Friday, I angrily called for them to extend forgiveness to all those already sent to hell for eating meat on Friday, of whom they never spoke. But I can not remember another "cool" Pope. So, lately I'm feeling a little more love for the Church...I've gone from an "Ex-Catholic" to a lapsed Catholic. No, I won't be at Sunday Mass, and you won't hear about my 10 hour confession to get right with them. But, I'm checking out Francis and liking what I'm seeing. Remember this?:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ux3-a9RE1Q

No comments:

Post a Comment